Pleasing all the stakeholders
A variety of departments provide input on the selection of an ECG management solution in most organizations. Each has a different set of needs and a different viewpoint on what is the “right” ECG management system. In order to satisfy a client, an ECG data solution provider must satisfy each department.
Here are the questions that we often face from stakeholders representing these departments:
- How will we save money from the productivity gains you promise?
- What value-added services do you offer?
- What options do you offer for licensing?
- How will you help us grow our ECG business?
- What other modalities can we add to your solution? How much will it cost?
- What is our cost to convert to your solution from our current management system?
- How will your solution save us time and expedite our patient flow?
- How will your solution eliminate errors in processing ECG tests?
- Will we able to download patient demographics and orders from our existing systems?
- Can we use devices from multiple vendors? Do you standardize the workflow?
- What options are available for reporting ECG results?
- Will you customize the application’s workflow as needed?
- How quickly can we retrieve a test result when we need it?
- Do you have a solution for mobile ECG testing?
- Can we access ECG tracings from anywhere, with any computer?
- Can we use our hand held devices to read ECGs?
- Will we have access to previous ECGs and can we compare tracings serially?
- Can we adjust viewing and editing settings according to individual preference?
- How quickly can we work on your application?
- How do we export results from your application to our EMR?
- What platforms does your solution utilize?
- What hosting options are available?
- How can we interface your solution to our existing information systems?
- How will you store our data? How will you back it up? How long will you store it?
- How will you protect our data?
- Is your solution completely scalable?
- How much involvement do you need from our department to rollout your solution?
- How do we migrate data from your solution when our relationship ends?